Tod Mun Pla (Thai-style Fish Cake)
* 500g fish meat (choose more tender fish, I use dory and tilapia)
* 2 tbsp red curry paste (storebought)
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tsp sugar
* 2 stalks long beans, cut into thin slices
* 8 pcs kaffir lime leaves, cut very finely
* Handful of thai basil or holy basil
* Fish sauce (to taste, if necessary)
* 10 tbsp Borges Grapeseed Oil
Step by Step1. Cut fish meat into small pieces. Add the fish meat, red curry paste, egg yolk and sugar into a food processor or chopper and blend till a paste forms.
2. Taste-test: Wet both hands and a teaspoon, scoop a spoonful of paste and form into a patty. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil and pan-fry the patty till golden brown on both sides. Taste to see if salty or flavourful enough. If not, add 1 tbsp more of red curry paste and/or 1 tsp of fish sauce to the fish paste.
3. Once fish paste is ready, add long beans, kaffir lime leaves and basil, use a spatula to fold the ingredients till well-mixed.
4. Heat frying pan with 10 tbsp of Borges Grapeseed Oil on medium high heat. Wet both hands and a tablespoon, scoop a spoonful of paste and form into a patty using the hands. Pan-fry the shaped patties in the frying pan till golden brown on both sides.
5. Best serve hot with sweet chilli dipping sauce.