Thai Inspired Squid Fern Salad
* 200g squid (cleaned, blanched in salt water, sliced thinly)
* 1 bunch fern leaves (blanched and shocked in ice water)
* 1 red onion
* 1 sprig coriander
* 3 bird’s eye chilies
* 1 red chili
* 1 torch ginger
* Borges black pitted olives (according to taste)
* 3 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
* 1 tbsp fish Sauce
* Juice of 2 limes
* ¼ cup Borges extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tbsp fried shallots
* 1 tbsp ground peanuts (chopped)
Step by Step1. Blanch the squid in salt water on a cook top.
2. Blanch fern leaves using the cook top then shock in cold water.
3. Slice the squid and combine the rest of the ingredients together except for the fried shallots and peanuts.
4. Add in the black pitted olives according to taste.
5. Mix all the ingredients together for the Thai dressing. Pour in salad.
6. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil into the mix. Toss everything together.
7. Garnish with fried shallots and peanuts.