Sweet and Sour Prawn Curry
* 800g large prawns
* 150g Borges Grapeseed Oil
* 15g dried chillies (deseeded & soaked)
* 100g shallots
* 1 tsp toasted Belachan
* 100g tamarind pulp
* 500ml water
* 2 tbsp fish curry powder
* 3 stalk curry leaves
* 100g red onions (sliced)
* 1 red chilli (sliced)
* 1 green chilli (sliced)
* ½ tbsp salt (to taste)
* 1 tbsp sugar (to taste)
Recipe from The Meatmen
Step by Step1. Deshell and devein prawns leaving the heads intact.
2. Mix tamarind pulp with water. Mix well and strain.
3. Blend soaked dried chillies, shallots and belachan with 50g of Borges grapeseed oil. Set aside.
4. In a pot with 100g of Borges grapeseed oil, add rempah and stir fry for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
5. Add in curry leaves and curry powder. Stir fry until fragrant.
6. Add in sliced red onions, stir fry until translucent.
7. Season with salt and sugar.
8. Pour in tamarind liquid and bring to boil.
9. Add in prawns.
10. Let simmer until prawns are cooked. (5 - 8 minutes, depending on size)
12. Garnish with sliced red and green chillies.