Sweet and Sour Lychee Fried Fish Fillet
* 500g fillet
* 1 cup rice flour
* pinch of salt and pepper
* Borges grapeseed olive oil for deep frying
Sweet and sour lychee sauce
* 2 tbsp oil (Borges grapeseed olive oil)
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1 tsp minced ginger
* 20g red bell peppers
* 20g green bell peppers
* 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
* 150 ml lychee syrup (from the can lychee)
* 6 to 8 lychees (own prefence)
* ½ salt (adjust to taste)
* ¼ white pepper
Recipe by Jaslin Yoke
Step by Step1. Cut 20g of red and green bell peppers each into cubes
2. slice the fish fillet into pieces. ( not too thin)
3. Season with pinch of salt and pepper
4. Coat fillets will 1 cup of rice flour. Make sure all areas on the fish fillet are coated.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a wok
(Borges Grapeseed olive oil)
6. Deep-fry till golden brown
7. Drain and set aside
8.. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a wok add 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger and bell peppers stir fry till fragrant.
9. Add 4 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 150 ml lychee syrup.
10. Mix well and season with ½ salt (adjust to taste) and ¼ white pepper.
11. Once the sauce thickens add the fried fillet and lychee stired well.