Smoked Ham Spaghetti
* 300 gram Borges Spaghetti
* 200 gram Smoked Ham – 2cm thickness, cut cube **request for 2cm-thick single slice
* 2 tbsp minced garlic
* 2 tbsp Borges Classic Olive Oil
* Grated Parmesan Cheese
* Coarse Black Pepper *optional
* Parsley flakes/Fresh chopped Parsley
Step by Step1) Boil a pot of water with salt, when is at boiling point add in pasta, stir, cover with lid and off the fire. Leave it aside or on stove top. Cover the lid with a cloth, if there is a hole on it. Stir the pasta in between to prevent sticking together. Leave pasta soaking in pot with covered for 12-15 mins.
2)Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat in skillet, give the Ham a quick sear, lightly brown the surface will do. Remove and set aside.
3) Add 2 tablespoon olive oil, fragrant minced garlic gently over low heat, stirring frequently so that they cook evenly for a few minutes till lightly toasted.
4) Set aside 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water, drain the remaining water.
5) After draining, immediately add the drained pasta and ham into skillet with reserved paste water, toss well, season with salt.
6) Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese, black pepper and Parsley.