Salted Egg Yolk Tofu
* 1 Block of Soft Tofu
* 300ml Borges Grapeseed Oil
* 4 Pieces Salted Egg Yolks
* 2 cups of Panko Breadcrumbs
* 1 Egg – Lightly beaten
* 4 Stalks of Curry Leaves
* 2 Chilli Padi (deseeded and sliced thinly, set aside)
Recipe by Jeannie62 Kitchen
Step by Step1. Cut soft tofu into bite size pieces.
2. Rinse curry leaves and leave aside.
3. Steamed salted eggs yolks till cooked and mashed finely with a fork.
4. Coat each piece of soft tofu with beaten egg and followed by breadcrumbs.
5. In a medium pot, add Borges Grapeseed Oil. Heat the oil till hot, drop each piece of the coated tofu and cooked until golden brown and crispy. Drain.
6. In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of Borges Grapeseed Oil, add curry leaves and the mashed salted eggs yolk until the paste is foamy and aromatic. Add a pinch of salt and chilli padi.
7. Add in the cooked tofu and stir so that the salted egg yolks can stick to the tofu pieces.
8. Dish up Immediately on a serving plate and serve hot to enjoy.