Salted Egg Yolk Sotong
* Borges extra light olive oil for deep frying
* 1 kg sotong / squid (cleaned and skinned)
* 4 salted egg yolks
* 2 tbsp oil
* 30g unsalted butter
* 3 sprigs curry leaves
* 2 chilli padi (sliced)
* 100ml chicken stock
* 6 tbsp evaporated milk
* 1 tbsp sugar
* ¼ cup plain flour
* ¾ cup corn flour
* ½ cup water
* Salt and white pepper powder to taste
Recipe from The Meatmen
Step by Step1. Separate salted egg yolk and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Mash salted egg yolks with a fork.
3. Clean sotong and cut into rings.
4. In a bowl mix corn flour, plain flour, salt, white pepper powder and water.
5. Coat sotong in batter.
6. Deep fry sotong for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Strain and set aside
7. In a pan, add 2 tbsp Borges extra light olive oil and 30g butter.
8. Add in curry leaves and chilli padi. Fry until fragrant.
9. Add in mashed salted egg yolk. Fry until it starts to foam.
10. Pour in chicken stock and evaporated milk. Stir and cook until salted egg yolk is emulsified.
11. Add in sugar and bring to boil. Let reduce until sauce like consistency.
12. Drizzle sauce over deep fried sotong.