Roast Lamb with Cider and Honey
* 1 leg of lamb (deboned)
* 8 cloves garlic
* 2 sprigs rosemary
* 2 Korean pears
* 2 cups cider
* ¼ cup honey
* Borges classic olive oil (enough to coat the lamb)
* 2 star anise
* 4 cloves garlic
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 2 cups chicken stock
* Salt and black pepper
TO SERVE WITH LAMB:
* 500g Borges spaghetti
* 5 cloves garlic
* ½ cup parsley (minced)
* 2 tbsp chili flakes
* 2 tbsp chicken powder
Step by Step1. Preheat the built in oven to 170°C.
2. Score the lamb. Drizzle classic olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper.
3. Make insertions into the meat then stuff 8 cloves of garlic and a rosemary sprig into the leg. Tie the lamb to hold the meat together while cooking.
4. Sear the lamb in a pan on both sides.
5. Place into a roasting pan together with the stock and the rest of the garlic and rosemary. Squeeze over the lemon juice. Roast for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and add in the pears, turn the lamb around, baste with cider and drizzle with honey.
7. Continue roasting at 170°C for about 25-30 minutes. Depending on the doneness you’d like.
8. Baste every 10 minutes.
9. When done, remove and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
10. Transfer content in the roasting pan into a sifter and use a spoon to push through into a saucepot.
11. Bring to a boil and adjust seasoning.
12. Carve the meat and serve with sauce.
13. Boil pasta. Once cooked, fry garlic, parsley, chili flakes and chicken powder in a pan then add in the pasta. Serve the pasta together with the lamb.