Khao Pad Sapparod (Pineapple Fried Rice)
* 3-4 tbsp Borges Grapeseed Oil
* 10 pcs prawns, deveined and sliced into half
* 2 eggs
* 530g cooked rice (preferably overnight)
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 10 pcs cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
* 150g pineapple flesh, cut into small pieces
* 60g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
* 4 tsp thai soy sauce
* 2 tsp fish sauce
* 1 tsp sugar
* pinch of salt
* 1.5 tsp curry powder
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 4 stalks spring onion, finely chopped
* Garnish: coriander, Thai lime
Step by Step1. Heat up a large deep frying pan or wok on medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of Borges Grapeseed oil and saute the sliced prawns till just cooked. Dish up and set aside.
2. Add 1 tbsp of Borges Grapeseed Oil, add the eggs and scramble lightly. Once eggs are almost cooked, add the rice and toss to mix well with the eggs.
3. Push the rice aside, add 1 tbsp of oil and saute the onion till slightly cooked (changes colour), then toss the onion with the rice.
4. Add the seasonings and toss the rice to mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Mine is on lighter side.
5. Add cooked prawns, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, cashews into the rice. Toss to mix well.
6. Off heat and add spring onions and toss to mix well.
7. Best served hot (in pineapple bowl or plates).