Fried Satay Chicken In A Basket
Fried Satay Chicken In A Basket recipe:
* 500 g chicken breast meat/boneless chicken leg, skin removed, sliced into small pieces
* Sliced cucumbers & red onions into rings (season with a bit of salt for 1 minutes, wash and set aside)
* 2 tbsp Borges Grapeseed Oil
* 1 tbsp of shredded finely kaffir leaves
* 50 g peanuts (crushed finely)
Spice paste (blended):
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 fresh turmeric
* 1 to 11/2 blue ginger
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 4 fresh red chillies
* 2 tbsp grated gula melaka
* 8 shallots, peeled
* 2 stalks lemongrass
* 3 cloves garlics
* 1/2 tbsp Borges Grapeseed Oil
* 50 ml water
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp oyster sauce
* 1 tbsp Kicap manis (Sweet Soysauce)
* 1/2 tbsp corn flour
* 2 kaffir leaves
Step by StepWanton Skin Tart Shell (round type) steps:
1. Place 2 pieces on a tart mould, using same method as doing tart shells
2. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 170 C. Remove and set aside.
Fried Satay Chicken steps:
1. Combine all ingredients for the spice paste in a food processor and blend till fine.
2. Marinate the chicken with the spice paste for at least half an hour or overnight.
3. Heat oil in pan and stir fry the marinated chicken for about 10-12 minutes till cooked through. Add in shredded kaffir leaves and peanuts. Stir to mix well.
4. Ladle a spoonful of the satay chicken into the wanton tart shell, place onion and cucumber rings over it to look like a handle.