Deep Fried Prawns with Yam
* 10 pcs prawns
* 250g yam
* 30g wheat starch
* 30ml hot water
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp sugar
* ½ tsp five spice powder
* 1 dash pepper
* 20g butter
* Borges grape seed oil (pour enough to completely submerge the prawns when frying)
Step by Step1. Clean and peel the prawns leaving the tails on.
2. Slice the yam and steam for 20 minutes in cubie oven until soft.
3. Mix the starch with the hot water well.
4. Add yam starch and the rest of the ingredients into the food processer until combined. To make it easy to manage, put the mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes before wrapping the prawns.
5. Wrap the prawns with yam mix until fully covered but keep the tails exposed.
5. Heat grape seed oil in wok and deep fry prawns until golden brown.