Crispy Chicken In Lemon Sauce
Crispy Chicken in Lemon Sauce Recipe:
* 4 Chicken legs (boneless)
* Seasoned flour – 2 cups corn flour, 1 tbsp plain flour , 2 tsp salt and dash of pepper.
Marinade for chicken:
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
* 1/2 tsp custard powder
* 1 tbsp corn flour
* 1 tbsp plain flour
* 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
* 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 tsp lemon zest
* Corn starch slurry (1/2 tbsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water)
Step by Step1. Marinate chicken legs with marinade for an hour.
2. Coat chicken legs with seasoned flour and shallow-fry in hot Borges Grapeseed Oil until golden brown. Drain oil and set aside. Leave it to cool and cut into pieces.
3. Combine sauce ingredients into wok and bring it to a boil. Adjust accordingly to your taste. Add corn flour slurry and cook till thickened. Pour over chopped chicken and serve.
Pro-tip: If you like it spicy, add some chopped chili padi into your sauce!