Claypot Brinjal with Minced Pork
* 1 large brinjal
* 150 g minced pork
* 2 cloves garlic (minced)
* 1 tsp ginger (minced)
* 1 medium shallot (minced)
* 2 tbsp cornstarch slurry
Recipe by Kitchen (Mis)adverntures
Step by Step1) Flash fry the brinjal, skin side down, in hot oil (~175°C) for about 1-2 minutes. Remove brinjal once flesh turns brown. Drain oil using paper towels if you prefer.
2) In a hot pan with some oil, stir fry garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add shallots and stir fry till fragrant.
3) Add minced pork and fry till no longer pink.
4) Add sauce mixture and mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower heat slightly.
5) Add cooked brinjal and mix well. Add 2 tbsp of cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Serve with rice.