Chinese Tofu Salad
* 150gm shredded beancurd sheet 百页豆腐
* 100gm five spiced beancurd 五香豆干
* 100gm fresh shredded kelp
* 100gm beansprouts
* 50gm softened black fungus
* 50gm softened bean vermicelli
* 50gm carrots, shredded
* 50gm red capsicum, shredded
* 50gm Chinese celery, shredded
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 4 tsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 5 tbsp light soy sauce
* 3 tbsp dark vinegar
* 1 tbsp chilli oil
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
Step by Step1. Rinse fresh kelp thoroughly to remove excess salt. Soak in water for at least 30 mins.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Blanch shredded beancurd, five spiced beancurd, beansprout, vermicelli, black fungus and kelp individually. Drain well each item and place them into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in carrots, capsicum and Chinese celery into the mixing.
4. Combine all the sauce ingredient and whisk well. Drizzle the dressing over beancurd mixture. Toss gently and thoroughly to ensure that all vegetables and tofu are well coated with the sauce. Serve chilled or at room temperature.