Chinese Pasta, with Mushrooms, Bok Choy and Home-made Wantons.
150g Borges Spaghetti
4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 pack bok choy, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 tbsp Borges Classic Olive Oil
100g minced meat
3 medium shrimp, diced
2 shallot, diced
20 pieces wanton wrapper
1 tbsp low sodium light soy sauce
1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
100ml wanton soup stock/water
1 tsp of sambal balchan chilli, optional
Recipe by Ellena Guan, Cuisine Paradise
Step by Step1. Marinate minced meat with diced shrimp, shredded black fungus or mushroom, shallot and scallion
2. Season mixture with ½ tsp light soy sauce, sesame oil and grated ginger juice, 1 tsp of cooking wine and a dash of pepper
3. Mix well and chill in fridge for 15 minutes or more before wrapping.
4. Wrap each wanton wrapper with 1 tsp of meat mixture and sealed the edges of the wrapper with corn-starch solution
5. Cook wanton in salted boiling water with a drizzle of oil till wanton floats (approximately 2 minutes). Wanton can also be deep-fried.
6. Rinse cooked wanton and add to prepared anchovies stock.
7. Cook Borges Spaghetti according to instructions on pack.
8. Stirfry shiitake mushrooms along with minced garlic.
9. Move mushrooms to a side and add in bok choy. Cook for 30 seconds, or until bok choy changes colour.
10. Add in cooked spaghetti and seasoning sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Plate and serve.