Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
* 4 -5 ripe tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon Borges extra virgin olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
* 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
* 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
Step by Step1. Blanch and peel the tomatoes. To make tomatoes easier to peel, make shallow cross cuts at the tip of the tomatoes.
2. Cut tomatoes into quarters, and remove most of the juice and seeds via a good squeeze
3. Chop tomatoes and mix them with garlic, Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Borges Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, basil, salt and pepper
4. Preheat oven to 230 °C
5. Cut baguette into slices and toast in oven till light brown around the edges.
6. Rub a cut clove of garlic against the baguette slice and brush with Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
7. Serve with tomato and basil mixture.