Braised Chicken with Bamboo Shoot & Mushroom
* 1.2kg chicken meat, chopped into pieces
* 12pcs dried mushroom, soaked in water to re-hydrate
* 200g bamboo shoot, sliced
* 6 stalks spring onion, lower portion only
* 5 slices ginger, sliced
* 3 cloves garlic, sliced
* 5 tbsp Classic Olive Oil (Borges)
* 1/2 cup mushroom water (used to soak the mushroom)
* 1 tsp dark soy sauce
* Corn starch slurry (1 tsp corn starch + 2 tsp water)
* Garnish: spring onion, chilli, coriander
* 3 tbsp oyster sauce
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp hua tiao cooking wine
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp corn starch
* 1/4 tsp white pepper
Original recipe by Meg Tan (DreamersLoft)
Step by Step1. Marinate the chicken pieces with oyster sauce, soy sauce, hua tiao cooking wine, sesame oil, corn starch and white pepper for 3-4hrs.
2. Heat a cooking pot to medium high heat, add olive oil and saute spring onion, ginger and garlic till fragrant.
3. Add the marinated chicken pieces and stir-fry till slightly browned.
4. Add the mushroom and bamboo shoot, and stir-fry with the chicken for a minute.
5. Add the mushroom water and bring the mixture to boil.
6. Turn heat to low and let the chicken simmer for about 20-25 mins.
7. Add dark soy sauce to the braised chicken for some colour and corn starch slurry to thicken sauce slightly. (add sea salt to taste if desired, I didn't add as I find the sauce flavourful enough from the marinate).
8. Garnish and serve hot with rice.